Whether it’s for Christmas, a birthday, or just because you’re tired of him slobbering over the dog’s toys, picking out toys for your baby can be a daunting task.
First, there’s all the options.
- Do you want plastic or wood?
- Do you want beeps or blurps?
- Are you looking for education or distraction?
Then there’s the budget. You could easily spend an entire paycheck on doohickeys and thingamajiggers. But a purchase completed is not a toy played.
How do you know that the $52,000 Pirate Ship Playhouse you purchased actually gets used, and doesn’t become a homeless shelter for raccoons?
Simple. Smart baby toys are those that are matched to your infant’s current developmental skills. Find toys that are linked to the skills he’s working so hard to master and you’ve got an slam-dunk winner.
Fortunately for you, that’s kinda my thang. I do all the research, find some kick-tush toys that you’ve probably never seen before, and then design graphics that are fun to browse through. Ta-da! Here’s your Smart Parent’s Guide to Toys Worth the Purchase.
Like FREE Two-Day Shipping?
If so, you need to become an Amazon Prime member. I can’t tell you how much we’ve saved over the years being a Prime member! Worth. Every. Penny. Start a 30-day free prime membership trial here. (You’re going to thank me for the introduction.)
- Activity Spiral
- Projection Mobile
- Octopus Activity Mat
- Hedgehog Taggie | Lamb Taggie | Football Taggie
- Look Look Newborn Book
- Girl Clutching Toy | Sun Clutching Toy | Frog Clutching Toy
- Tummy Time Water Mat
- Mamaroo Bouncer
Smart Baby Toys for 3-6 Month Olds
- Roly Poly Dragon | Roly Poly Duck | Roly Poly Horse
- Dinoztory Texture Book
- Toofeze Teether
- Play Triangle
- All in One Baby Car Toy
- vTech Swipe Phone
- Balancing Caterpillar
- Multi-Position Activity Mat
- Fold ‘n Go Elephant
- Convertible Activity Center
Smart Baby Toys for 6-9 Month Olds
- Boppin Activity Bugs
- Lil’ Explorers Adventure Course
- Musical Ball & Ring Stacker
- Oreo Cookie Teethers
- Happy Kitten
- Your Baby’s First Word Will Be Dada
- Pippin Push Along Pup
- Caterpillar Activity Balls
- Wooden Bunny Stacker
- Owl Rocker | Pirate Rocker
Smart Baby Toys for 9-12 Month Olds
- Bright Beats Smart Touch Play Space
- Stretchy Sandwich
- Rolling Bug
- BeatBo Dance Toy
- Moby Dick (An Ocean Primer) | Pride & Prejudice (A Counting Primer) | The Secret Garden (A Flowers Primer) | Alice in Wonderland (A Colors Primer) | See all the BabyLit books
- Pick ‘n Pop John Deere Combine
- Click & Spin Activity Blocks
- Turtle Pull Along Shape Sorter
- Jungle Bowling
- Woodland Wonders Activity Center
Smart Baby Toys for 1-2 Year Olds
- Musical Owl
- Touch Think Learn About Vehicles | Touch Think Learn About Homes | Touch Think Learn About the Farm | See all Touch Think Learn books
- Finger Paint Party
- Animal Garden Pegging Game
- Tablet Protector
- Gro to Pro Junior Basketball
- Pound & Roll Tower
- Wooden Flower Puzzle | Animal Wooden Puzzle | 3D Wooden Puzzle
- Spiralin’ Seas Waterpark Play Table
- Country Critters Play Cube
Want More Smart Baby Toys to Browse Through?
If you’re still searching for THE perfect gift, bop over to several toy round ups from previous years. I don’t repeat toys, so you’re sure to find something in those as well!
- How to Hedge Your Bets and Purchase a Winner
- The Best Brain-Boosting Baby Toys
- 21 Baby Sports Gifts Your Little All-Star Will Love
Which Ones Excited You the Most?
I’m curious to find out which toys above popped out to you the most. Which ones are you most excited to introduce to your baby?
Have You Read These Yet?
- Everything a New Mama Warrior needs to Know about Baby Care
- How the Seasons Can Ruin Your Baby’s Soft Skin (and How to Fight Back)
- 62 Brilliant Tricks to Get a Sleeping Baby
- Beware the Lurking Monster: 9 Signs of Teething to Watch For
- 8 Simple Ways to Stop Swaddling
- The Most Adorable Infant Swimsuits You’ll See All Year
We ♥ honesty! This post contains affiliate links that provide extra money for our mutual coffee
habits addictions. Click here to learn more.
Heather is the Chief Encouragement Officer here at MightyMoms.club and has been writing and encouraging parents online since 2007. She’s a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach, has been a featured parenting expert writer on blogs like DaveRamsey.com, SimpleKids.net, Cafe Mom, and others. If it’s 2am and you’re desperate to read SOMETHING, check out her deepest darkest secrets, including why she really shouldn’t be allowed to blog.