It’s your first bragging opportunity. (…and MAN did you earn it!)
Ladies and gentlemen!!
I’m going to help you zero on the absolute-most-perfect baby announcement for you, your baby, and your life.
And I’m going to do it in LESS THAN 3 MINUTES!!
*crowd gasps, woman faints*
A Quiz To Find the Perfect Baby Announcement
With just a few questions, I can pull out your deepest hopes and longings to locate the
man baby announcement of your dreams.
Disclaimer!! These points are only used to help narrow down which baby announcement method is best for you. It’s not a moral value. Don’t send me hate mail if you score a 3. It means NOTHING.
How do you feel in general about baby announcements?
- It’s vitally important to me, I want something I’ve poured myself into. (3 points)
- I want something that is completely unique from everyone else, but someone else can make it. (2 points)
- I want to get these baby announcements done as quickly and effortlessly as humanly possible. (1 point)
Do you enjoy doing crafts?
- Yes! In fact, I have a 3-lb bag of scrapbook supplies next to the kitchen table! (3 points)
- Occasionally. If someone will watch the kids. (2 points)
- Crafts = Torture (1 point)
How much do you want to spend on your baby announcement?
- As little as humanly possible. (3 points)
- I want to pay extra for a handmade beauty that we can treasure for years to come. (2 points)
- Can you put a price on convenience? (1 point)
Okay then, add up your points and see which option comes out on top!
The “Make Your Own” Option
(7 – 9 points)
The bonus of making your own baby announcement, is that they will stick around longer in the houses you send them to.
At least they do at my house, but mostly so I can brag: Look at me! I have a friend who MAKES STUFF!
If you are aiming to be the Crafty Mama in your neighborhood, here are some places to bathe yourself in inspiration:
Martha Stewart Land
Here is an inspirational baby announcement photo gallery with some really cute (and surprisingly non-complicated) ideas.
In fact, I think even someone of my craft-calliber (still using Elmer’s school glue) could make them.
Better Cards and Gardens
These are little more complicated, but make a heart warming keepsake for your little girl when she’s older. It says these should only take an hour…but if that’s true I’ll eat my weight in scrapbooking paper. (I will deny typing that, so don’t email me.)
The “Handmade, But By Someone Else” Option
(4 – 6 points)
This option is for parents who love the idea of a handmade card, but don’t actually want to make one. (Be honest!!!)
So this is the part in the show where I introduce you to a Moocher’s paradise: Etsy.
Where crafty people go to sell neat stuff to those of us too unmotivated and untalented to make the stuff ourselves, but are perfectly happy taking the credit anyway.
Here are my two favorite baby announcement stores on Etsy. (Click on the photo to see their store.)
By Charmed Beginnings
By Stampin’ Crazy in Texas
The “Click and Forget About It” Option
(1 – 3 points)
This last option is my personal favorite. But mostly because I’m a super busy person who loves to check boxes off lists.
Tiny Prints is a busy mama’s hidden weapon. Here’s all the reasons I love using them for my cards and things.
- They have a zillion trendy and stylish card designs ready for me to click and drag photos to.
- I can add reminders and schedule cards to be sent ahead of time. (No more guilt trip for my parent’s anniversary!)
- They can pull the addresses right from my contact list and print them right on the envelopes.
- They will even STAMP THE SUCKERS FOR ME!
I pick out the design and photos (the fun part) and they handle the addressing and stamping and mailing (the work part).
We ♥ honesty! This post contains affiliate links that provide extra money for our mutual coffee
habits addictions. Click here to learn more.
Heather is the Chief Encouragement Officer here at MightyMoms.club and has been writing and encouraging parents online since 2007. She’s a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach, has been a featured parenting expert writer on blogs like DaveRamsey.com, SimpleKids.net, Cafe Mom, and others. If it’s 2am and you’re desperate to read SOMETHING, check out her deepest darkest secrets, including why she really shouldn’t be allowed to blog.