We want to fix it. We want to make it all better.
But there your infant lies, looking at you with that sad “I feel like crap. Why aren’t you fixing this?” expression.
His face is sporting a yellow mustache of crusty nastiness.
The thought of touching that nose… It takes the strongest act of sacrificial love you can muster to wipe away the snot crystals.
Friend, you’re not helpless against this cranky, congested baby. Here are nine of the most effective tools to help you kick some serious booger booty.
I recommending stocking up ahead of time (as in now) so when the sniffles start, you don’t have to make a Walgreens run at 2 am.
- Boogie Mist
- Nosefrida Snot Sucker
- Cold & Flu Aromatherapy Bubble Bath
- Chest Rub with Eucalyptus
- Cool Mist Humidifier with Essential Oil Diffuser
- Mucus-Clear Homeopathic Remedy
- Boogie Wipes
- Twister Bulb Aspirator (opens so you can disinfect the inside!)
- Nasal Aspirator with Medicine Dropper
What Your Baby Needs Most Is…
These are all REALLY helpful products for a congested baby, but do you know what your baby needs most right now?
You. He needs you.
He needs you to rock him. He needs you to sing to him. He needs you to stroke his cheek and speak softly how much you love him. He needs your warm body, your heartbeat, your scent.
Nothing will comfort him as much as that.
You just have to figure out how he likes to be comforted.
- For my Lauren, it was singing and holding my hand. (She’s never been much of a cuddler.)
- For my Elena, it was rocking and stroking her little back.
- For my Isabella, it was the nearness of my body in the sling.
What comforts your baby the most? What methods do you use to help your congested baby get through the day?
- Everything a New Mama Warrior Needs To Know About Baby Care
- 3 Reasons Why American Parents are Loving European Baby Formulas
- Does Your Baby Need a Hypoallergenic Formula?
- What’s the Best Baby Bottle? Here Are Some Olympic Winners You Should Try
- How to Choose the Best Baby Formula for Your Superbaby
We ♥ honesty! This post contains affiliate links that provide extra money for our mutual coffee
habits addictions. Click here to learn more.
Heather is the Chief Encouragement Officer here at MightyMoms.club and has been writing and encouraging parents online since 2007. She’s a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach, has been a featured parenting expert writer on blogs like DaveRamsey.com, SimpleKids.net, Cafe Mom, and others. If it’s 2am and you’re desperate to read SOMETHING, check out her deepest darkest secrets, including why she really shouldn’t be allowed to blog.