Becoming a mother requires a lot of sacrifice. We’ve given up a lot on this side of the birthing room. Things like…
- Sleeping all night long.
- Doing things on our own timetable, and actually being on time.
- Showering regularly.
- Having a health/beauty routine every day.
- Enjoying a fit and toned body (or at least more fit/toned than we are now)
Most of those things will work themselves out as our children get older, but that last one… That one is a doozy.
The thing is, we have to stop trying to exercise our bodies like those women who have never carried a child. Our mothering bodies are different. Things have been stretched, rearranged, re-molded. Why would we ignore the most significant physical achievement our bodies have ever experienced?
A mom-body needs something different than the usual Jillian Michael’s workout. We need workouts and medical guidance that understands the hard work our bodies have gone through, and how to gently target those areas to get them back in line. That’s exactly where the MUTU System really shines.
What is the MUTU System?
MUTU is a series of videos, support, and lifestyle plans developed to help mothers strengthen their abdominal muscles and regain the tight tummy they had (or wanted) before childbirth.
Unlike most postpartum exercise programs, you can start MUTU immediately after childbirth. They even have modifications for you, if you’re still pregnant! There is no timing cap here. Even if your “baby” is in double digits, the post-childbirth mom body is still the same, and MUTU can help you target those troubled areas in specific ways.
Here’s what you get in the MUTU System:
- 4 core and floor rehabilitation technique videos, medically-endorsed and proven to be effective.
- 4 no-impact, high-intensity, core-safe, workouts to strengthen and shape your body.
- Full expert support if you have questions.
- A Masterclass video to help strengthen your core throughout the day, as you do your normal chores and activities.
- Videos for pregnant mamas on how to adapt workouts to stay safe while strengthening your core.
- Videos for moms suffering from prolapse or other pelvic issues on how to modify workouts for your unique body’s needs.
- Video coaching support, when you need some extra motivation.
- A personal online tracker to watch your progress.
- Downloadable workout cheat sheets, if you want to listen to your own tunes instead of watching a video.
- A Food Guide that teaches you how to eat to balance your hormones, prevent excess fat storage, and give you more energy.
- A two-year subscription to the MUTU System Membership site.
How Diastasis Recti Exercises Can Help
One of the most common complaints Moms have after childbirth is that stubborn postpartum pooch. Sad News Flash: the more children you have, the more stubborn the pooch.
That’s not just “flab,” my friend. You may have something called diastasis recti, where the two sides of your six pack muscles have separated (because you had a watermelon tucked in between them). For some reason, those muscles will grow back together after the baby is born. For others…it stays separated, and you feel like you look pregnant even though your child is now three.
The MUTU System is recommended by medical professionals and physical therapists as the best way to target those abdominal muscles and gently get them to slide back in place.
Wondering if you may have Diastasis Recti? Take the test using the graphic below:
Setting Goals That Make Sense
If losing weight and getting back in shape is one of your goals for this year, don’t hamper your ability to meet that goal by shopping in the wrong store.
We are mothers.
Our bodies are not the same as those on the other side. We need a fresh approach that understands our physical capabilities and limits, and helps us focus on those areas in a gentle, non-harmful way.
I’ve decided to enhance my sexy “Mom Body” and give the MUTU System a try. I would love for you to join me.
I’ll see you in the chat room!
Have You Read These Yet?
- 35 Hilarious Mom Gifts That Will Uplift a Weary Heart
- This is How to Build a Money-Making Online Business with Kids at Home
- 3 Signs of a Healthy Baby Every Mother Should Know
- Everything a New Mama Warrior Needs to Know About Baby Care
We ♥ honesty! This post contains affiliate links that provide extra money for our mutual coffee
habits addictions. Click here to learn more.
Heather is the Chief Encouragement Officer here at MightyMoms.club and has been writing and encouraging parents online since 2007. She’s a Certified Gentle Sleep Coach, has been a featured parenting expert writer on blogs like DaveRamsey.com, SimpleKids.net, Cafe Mom, and others. If it’s 2am and you’re desperate to read SOMETHING, check out her deepest darkest secrets, including why she really shouldn’t be allowed to blog.