This post was sponsored by iHerb.com who provided me with several products to try in order to research for this article. Fortunately for them, the gamble paid off! Learn more about our disclaimers at Mighty Moms here.
As a new (read: tired) parent, dreaming about the bedtime routine is sometimes the only thing getting you through the day.
Is it bedtime yet? → Your new Mama Mantra.
All the more reason to make sure that routine is not only nailed down to a science, but full of natural products that put your mind as ease while soothing your babe off into dreamland.
No doubt you have the steps down pat, but with a little tweaking, you could take that routine from solid to stellar in no time. Here are 3 quick tips to help the minutes fly by seamlessly from bedtime to relaxing-on-the-couch time.
Choose the Right
Bedtime Routine Products
Nothing sets the mood for sleep like a gentle lotion massage or a soothing warm bath, right? Oh, except for an allergic red rash due to Red Dye #3 or realizing later that you’ve been bathing your baby in dangerous parabens.
Buyer beware, my friend!
Lots of products tout phrases like “extra gentle” or “made for newborns,” but a lot of them aren’t. Harsh synthetic fragrances, harder to pronounce ingredients and big no-no’s like sulfates and parabens all make their way into a ton of products labeled “baby”. (Doubt me? Try looking up some of those ingredients on this watch-list website…)
Sounds sketchy-scary, right?
That’s why it’s a relief that companies like Mild by Nature exist. Mild by Nature Baby products are all natural, gentle and designed to pamper your baby’s skin with safe and trusted ingredients–nothing scary there! They offer a ton of great products, but here are my personal favorites:
- Ultra-Soft Baby Wipes– smartly textured and with no unpleasant odors, these wipes are just the right size and get the job done in a flash. An added bonus of Organic Aloe & Calendula Extracts + Oat Extract is a nice touch.
- Coconut Cream Body Wash– Creamy texture and with a pleasant tropical scent that isn’t overpowering. Simple and gentle enough for newborns and toddlers alike!
- All-Over Moisturizing Lotion in Coconut Cream– I have a thing for matching lotion and body wash. You too? Phew. Glad I’m not alone in that one! This lotion makes the little ones skin feel SO silky.
- Bitty Bottom Cream– I loved using this cream at night with the littlest member of the family. It really created a nice barrier to seal out that overnight moisture and keep the diaper rash at bay.
Have an Emergency Stash of
What You Need For Your Bedtime Routine
There is nothing worse than getting to bedtime and realizing someone didn’t make that Target run for overnight diapers. Or maybe you get to the bathtub and you realize you are winging it with a questionable bar of adult soap and a prayer.
The nighttime bath can be a crucial tool to prep the little ones that bedtime is approaching. It signals, “Hey, okay–playtime is over, let’s wind this party train down and close up shop.”
Of course, bath time is more than just splashing water around with toys and cups. You’ll need the proper shampoo and body wash on hand–otherwise, very little cleaning is going to happen.
I am a huge advocate of planning ahead and overstocking the shelves. Costco is usually your friend when it comes to these things, but if you’re hunting for those all-natural and baby-safe bath time products, the store around the corner will probably come up short.
And, even worse, if they did have these magical all-natural baby bath products for you to choose from, they are going to cost you an arm and a leg to bring them home, because they don’t have the volume that drives those prices down to the dust.
Ah, but there IS a place you can go that has the all-natural baby products, and at prices that won’t drive up your monthly credit card bill.
The best part is: you can visit from your couch. In your pajamas. Without a hint of makeup, and not a single uttered prayer of “Please don’t let me run into someone I know.”
Have Your Bedtime Routine
Products Delivered Straight to Your Door
The easiest way to try out Mild by Nature is to head over to iHerb.com. Name sound familiar?
We can’t stop talking about them, and for good reason! They deliver exclusive all-natural products direct to your door at hard-to-beat affordable prices. (After all, isn’t that why many people don’t use all-natural products? The price!)
All you need is an internet connection and you’re off to the best-planned (and fastest!) bedtime routine you’ve had in ages.
iHerb started in 1996 selling St. John’s Wart. Today they carry the largest supply of natural products in the world, all at 30-40% less cheaper than other retail stores.
- Not in the USA? Easy peasy! iHerb ships to over 160 countries.
- I got my order in no time and ordering was a breeze. Everything is packaged together to save on shipping and transit time.
- iHerb is a Google Trusted Store and their Customer Service team provides 24/7 support in 10 different languages.
Try it Out and Save $5 Off Your First Order
The best way to take the leap is to try it out. With a $5.00 off coupon for new customers on order over $20, it’s a no brainer. Free products are EVERY Mama’s friend.
Click here to take advantage of this offer and save that extra $5 for your next Starbucks run!
Ready to Rock Bedtime?
The race to bedtime is a part of every Mama’s day. Once heads are in beds, it means…
- You get to finish another chapter in that new book you’re loving.
- Netflix pops on and you can unwind with your favorite guy.
- You can stare at the wall, and just appreciate the QUIET.
The nightly bedtime routine is life’s way of saying, “Don’t worry! That Me-Time is just around the corner!” Just remember, though, even as you’re tempted to rush through and finish as quickly as possible, to savor these little nighttime rituals!
The baby snuggles will end, the lotion massages are limited and the cuddling will one day be a wee bit more challenging with a wily toddler.
Those sweet moments are so short! Make these little bedtime routine rituals the best they can be while you still have them!
Do you have a tried and true bedtime plan for your babes? What nighttime ritual tips work best at your house?
Have You Read These Yet?
- Everything a New Mama Warrior Needs to Know About Baby Care
- Is My Baby Behind? The 5 Steps You Need to Take to Find Out
- How the Seasons Can Ruin Your Baby’s Soft Skin (and How to Fight Back)
- Smart Baby Toys: How to Hedge Your Bets and Purchase a Winner
Also, a special thank you to the TechCenter at Shepherd’s College for helping with the product photos (because I totally suck at photography). You guys rock!
Most recently, she’s a new homeowner and already dreaming of house number two. A lake house with a yard full of pine trees is up next and to that end—she fosters an unhealthy relationship with Zillow. When she’s not writing, cooking or kid wrangling, you can find her reading a book or the New York Times, traveling, drinking iced tea and on a good day, all three of those things at once. Learn more about Sabrina here.