Personally, I always felt like the last trimester was the worst part of being pregnant. I had the dexterity of a whale in heels, and all my meals tasted like acid reflux.
The worst part, though, was that I could not wait to meet the little person jumping on my bladder. This is the anticipation that prompted me to create this free Preparing for Baby Checklist.
Time to Get Organized
This two-page Preparing for Baby Checklist helps you get everything lined up before the big b-day arrives by organizing your tasks into segments. Tasks like…
- Are you going to use a regular hospital doctor? a midwife? or a doula at home?
- Have you picked up a good moisturizer for your belly? It can help prevent stretch marks!
- Make sure you pick up your postpartum care kit (with a list of what should be in your postpartum care kit!)
- Are you planning on going back to work? Discuss maternity leave with your employer.
- Start thinking about the perfect baby name.
Get Your Free “Preparing for Baby” Checklist
This two-page printable breaks down all those tasks into smaller bite-sized pieces you can get wrapped up early. This way when you reach the home stretch, you won’t be worried about anything but the Finish Line.
Don’t forget to read through It’s Time to Kick the Anxiety Out of Preparing for a Baby, which prompted this free printable in the first place!
Just fill out the form below and I’ll email this Preparing for Baby Checklist straight over.
What You Need to Prepare
There’s a lot to think about as your pregnancy comes to a close and you collect your prize. Use this free checklist to keep everything organized!
Still Want More?
If you’ve done all the things on the list and you have a few more weeks to go, I have a few more helpful preparing for baby suggestions for you!
- Sign up for a free breast pump!
- Do you have a baby shower coming up? Browse through some of these adorable theme ideas.
- Start thinking beyond the baby. Read through what you can expect while you’re recovering.
- Think about choosing a neutral nursery theme (for future children!)
- Decide whether you’re going to discover the sex of your baby before the birth. Not sure? This article can help.
- Want to see some of the crazy funny things your kids are going to say? Read this.
- Do you know where you land in the circumcision debate? Listen to several parents weigh in on both sides of the issue and see where you end up.
This is one of the most exciting periods of your life, my friend. It’s like standing on the edge of a mountain, watching the beautiful sun rise and knowing that things are going to change forever.
This whole “preparing for baby” thing is a little nerve-wracking, I know, but that’s just because life is going to look so different from what it looks like now.
It will be better!
12 Ways to Engage Your Child from the Comfort of Your Couch
For the days when you literally can’t even.
15 Things You Should Expect When Maternity Leave Ends
I know it’s hard to think about. Trust me, knowing these things AHEAD of time makes it easier!