Here comes Peter Cottontail.
Hoppin’ down the bunny trail.
Hippity Hoppin’, Easter’s on its way.
But, of course, you probably already knew that. It’s not hard to spot the signs of Easter anywhere you go:
Adorable outfits, brightly colored eggs, springtastic decorations, and all that candy.
Is anybody else picturing your precious angel bouncing off the walls, all hopped up on food coloring and high-fructose corn syrup?
Easter is sweet enough without sending your little Thumper into a sugar-high! So what’s a mom to do when it comes to finding ideas for the perfect Easter Basket?
Fear not! There’s no need to hunt high and low for that elusive “good egg” because I’ve gathered 6 egg-ceptional candy-free gift categories below. Now all you have to do is drop your favorites in your Easter basket.
So, let’s get hopping!
Starting with a special something to contain all these unedible goodies.
Starting with Your
Perfect Easter Basket
Some like it cutesy, some not so much. Whether your little bunny is all about pink or would rather have an Easter basket strong enough to withstand a bit of rough-and-tumble, there’s definitely a sweet container here for you!
- Embroidered White Wicker Basket—Your classic keepsake elegance.
- Mr Hoppy Round—It has “darling” written all over it. (Ok, not literally. You can put your own Flopsy’s name on it.)
- Burlap Eared Bag—Your sneaky little rabbit will love these peek-a-boo ears, but you may want to use a touch of hot glue to help them stand up straight.
- Fabric Totes–Bunny Bag—Gotta love that fuzzy tail!
- Reusable Multipurpose Personalized Basket—Your little Peep can use this one for years to come.
- Boys’ Personalized Easter Truck—Comes with sand toys!
Below, you’ll find six different categories to pick from. Choose one gift from each section or “go eggs-treme” with the one category you think is to dye for.
Candy-Free Easter Basket Ideas #1:
An Adorable Lovey
A fuzzy, floppy friend is a must for any basket, and these beloved Jellycat animals are eggstra-special treasures. Your little Cottontail will cherish them right out of the box—err, basket.
(Caution: Each one is SO soft and floppy, you’ll want to choose them all!)
- Pink Bunny with Chimes—Forget clang-y jingles. These chimes are whimsical and delicate.
- Bunny and Blanket Soother—Perfect for infants or toddlers.
- Large Woodland Bunny—Just look at that face!
- Bashful Yellow Duckling—I dare you not to snuggle it.
- Bashful Lamb—Blessedly cuddly and perfect for a religious-themed basket.
Candy-Free Easter Basket Ideas #2:
A Book for Cuddles
It is always a
good sp-egg-tacular time to gift a book.
Whether he’s four-weeks-old or four-years, reading with your little hunny-bunny will help him grow more confident emotionally and intellectually. So why not crack open one of these favorite Easter titles?
- Happy Easter, Mouse—From the beloved author of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
- Tickle, Tickle, Peter–The softest touch-and-feel book out there, perfect for babies.
- Easter–Another touch-and-feel book, this time with foil, glitter, and fabric, because babies love t-eggs-tures.
- It’s Not Easy Being a Bunny—The “bunny-rific tail” of P.J. who’s learning to love who he is and where he belongs.
- God Gave Us Easter—Little Cub uncovers spiritual Easter goodies on a walk with her papa.
- Rechenka’s Eggs—Be prepared to be wowed. You’ve never seen eggs like these!
- The Easter Egg—Your little one will love searching through these Jan Brett pictures, and you’ll love the message.
- The Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story—Our famous Bear siblings learn the rich meaning of Easter.
Candy-Free Easter Basket Ideas #3:
Family Movie Night
After all the “hoppenings”—food, family, and fun—I’m betting you and your chick are ready for the sweet egg-scape of a movie. Luckily, there are some great, family-friendly Easter ones for you to choose from.
- Guess How Much I Love You, an Enchanted Easter—Yep, it’s based on the much-loved book, and it’s free to stream if you have Prime!
- It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown!—A classic!
- The Dog Who Saved Easter—Wholesome, funny, and an adorable dog. What more needs to be said?
- Hop—The craziest Easter Bunny you’ve ever seen! (From the guys who made Despicable Me.)
- Buck Denver Asks, What’s in the Bible—A fun religious cartoon for your preschooler
- Peter Rabbit—It’s in theaters now, but you can preorder your own copy.
Candy-Free Easter Basket Ideas #4:
Easter is all about color. Colored dresses, colored eggs, and celebrating the fresh colors outdoors.
So, it’s no Easter surprise that the perfect basket would encourage your little Mopsy to color her own masterpiece. With this selection, you can find the perfect-aged books and crayons for anybunny in your house.
- My First Scribble Coloring Book—Egg-cellent for both his artistic talent and his imagination.
- Big Easter Coloring Book—Large pictures for your toddler to color.
- Easter Eggs Jumbo Coloring Book—Smaller details for your preschooler.
- Beginner’s Bible Come Celebrate Easter—Full of stickers and activities.
- Palm-Grip Crayons for Babies—Perfect for your toddler. They stack. Seriously!
- Honeysticks Beeswax Crayons—Chubby and unbreakable. You’ll love the smell of these crayons.
Candy-Free Easter Basket Ideas #5:
What would Easter be without that scramble for eggs? Even here, though, no need for the sugary-stuff. Check out these delightful treats.
- Wooden Easter Egg percussion shakers—Perfect for baby!
- Easter Eggs filled with toy cars—Yes, they ZOOM.
- Finger Puppets—Any age will love them…probably even Grandpa…
- MiniFigs—Filled with little service people that work with Legos. (Assembly required.)
- Dinosaurs—Little plastic dinosaurs AND stamps!! Your preschooler will have a blast.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Eggs with Scripture Verse Scrolls—Your kids will love these glowing eggs, and you’ll love the message.
- Montessori Shape Matching Eggs—Because little ones learn while they play.
Safety Tip: MiniFigs and Dinosaurs contain tiny parts. They are best for preschool rabbits.
Candy-Free Easter Basket Ideas #6:
Finally, Easter outfits are just glorious. You won’t want to miss these heavenly possibilities.
- Baby Sherpa Booties—Imagine the festive bunny tracks she’ll make in these.
- My First Easter Outfit—She’ll be the cutest Easter Egg around.
- Easter Hat & Gloves—With this classic look, she’ll be ready for Easter brunch.
- Spring Tattoos and Religious Tattoos—What kid doesn’t love a festive tattoo?
- Special Sunglasses—Get a jump on summer outings with these Real Shades shatterproof sunglasses.
- Bowtie Baby Outfit—Your baby boy will be the snazziest one in the pictures.
SomeBunny’s Gonna Be So Egg-cited!!
You did it! You’ve created the Picture-Perfect Easter Basket. And there’s not a piece of candy in sight!
These baskets will thrill your little bunny without the sugar-high on Easter Sunday—or Easter Monday’s resulting crash. It can’t get sweeter than that!
So, we’re all ears! Tell us on Facebook.
Which candy-free gifts did you put in your little bunny’s Easter basket?
Have You Read These Yet?
- Drowning in Jelly Beans? 23 Epic Preschool Easter Activities You Need to Do With Your Little One
- Warning! These 12 Baby Easter Outfits are Irresistibly Cute!
- 10 Adorable Toddler Easter Dresses That Will Melt Your Heart to Mush
- How to Survive (and Actually Enjoy) the Toddler Years
- Stealing Mom Time: 6 Crucial Tips Your Mother Forgot to Mention
- How to Make the Preschool Age Your Best One Yet
We ♥ honesty! This post contains affiliate links that provide extra money for our mutual coffee
habits addictions. Click here to learn more.