Every child needs at least one Dr. Seuss book on the bedroom shelf. He’s an icon of childhood.
Reading those books to your child is a christening in creativity. Their imaginative word-games seep deep into your child’s psyche and awaken a sense of wonder like none other!
The good doctor would have turned 110 on March 2nd, so in honor of his great legacy, I though it would be appropriate to focus birthday planning post on all his incredible characters.
So gather up your Zizzer Zazzer Zuzz, Wocket, a few Whos, and even a reluctant Grinch to celebrate your child’s birthday!
10 Dr. Seuss Birthday Ideas
for Sweet Treats
- Lorax Nutter Butters ~ This brilliance was found on Pinterest.
- I Saw it on
MulberryBlueberry Street!~ See this cupcake recipe at Epicurious.
- Layered Birthday Cake ~ Idea from Kara’s Party Ideas, don’t forget the red-striped straws.
- Lorax Truffula Tree Toppers ~ You just need a little cotton candy on striped tree trunks! (Idea via Pinterest.)
- Cat in the Hat Jello ~ Enjoy this repurposed Valentine’s recipe at Food Librarian.
- One Fish, Two Fish Snacks ~ Creatively designed by Simple Girl.
- Thing One, Thing Two Cupcakes ~ Instructions at Kitchen DoughDough.
- Swirly Lollipops ~ Aren’t these lollipops perfect for dash of Seussical whimsy?
- Yertle Turtle Clusters ~ Entertaining explanation at Jamie Cooks It Up.
- Hop on Popcorn Bar ~ Designed by Simply Styled Home.
8 Dr. Seuss Birthday Ideas
for Satisfying Snacks
- Oh, the Places You’ll Gogurt ~ Clever idea from We Heart Parties.
- Cat in the Hat Fruit Skewers ~ A healthy snack from Delicate Construction.
- Tasty Green Eggs ~ Miraculously good at So Wonderful, So Marvelous.
- Wocket Pockets ~ Giada’s awesomeness at The Food Network.
- Pink Ink ~ Sips of heaven from Our Reflection.
- Colored Goldfish ~ From Kara’s Party Ideas; try this homemade whole-wheat version from Smitten Kitchen!
- Sneetch Treats ~ Idea from Erin Farrell Photography; slim things down with a healthier homemade version from Skinny Taste.
- Roast Beast Sandwiches ~ Gourmet deliciousness from Derek’s Kitchen.
12 Dr. Seuss Birthday Ideas
for Decorating Whoville
- Removable Wall Stickers ~ These reusable wall stickers let the characters join the party.
- Thing One & Thing Two Hair Clips ~ Aren’t these hair clips so unbelievably cute!
- Decorated Seussy Buffet ~ Designed by Dixie Delights, red and blue balloons found here.
- Silverware Display ~ Idea found at Shopping Mama, don’t forget the red napkins and blue forks.
- The Entire Shabang ~ The ultimate in stress-free decorating, getting everything you need in one box.
- Red & White Tablescape ~ Found at Kara’s Party Ideas; you’ll need red circle lanterns and white pompoms.
- Dr. Seuss Bib ~ This Dr. Seuss bib is perfect for first birthdays (and cake-throwing).
- Fish in a Bowl ~ No Dr. Seuss birthday party would be complete without Fish. (Idea from Pinterest)
- From Here to There… ~ Awesome idea showing your child’s yearly growth from Annie’s Eats.
- Teal & Red Tablescape ~ Design idea from Pinterest; Match with teal pompoms and red pompoms.
- Cat in the Hat Cups ~ These uniquely designed cups double as a great thank-you gift.
- Cat in the Hat…Hats ~ I’m pretty sure silly hats are required at birthday parties, but ESPECIALLY at a Dr. Seuss birthday party!
7 Dr. Seuss Birthday Ideas
for Stupendous Fun
- Create a Memorable Photobooth ~ Idea from Modern Mommy Must Haves; add to the fun with a stuffed Cat in the Hat, teal boa, and a toddler-sized hat.
- Take-Home Favor Boxes ~ Pre-packed favor boxes are the easiest way to send home some great thanks-for-coming fun. If you prefer to pack them yourselves, you can get just the box.
- Balloon Pop Game ~ Found on Pinterest, just make sure you pick up ALL the broken balloon pieces or play outside if you have tiny guests – they are choking hazards!
- Birthday Storytime ~ Need to calm everyone down at the end of your amazing party? Read through Baby’s Birthday Book or the regular Birthday Book.
- The Fishing Game ~ Cut out fishes with magnetic poles! A brilliant game idea by Heck Fridays.
- Pin the Hat on the Cat ~ Great activity by Must Have Mom; don’t forget the perfect pinnable hats!
- Customized Thank You Cards ~ Don’t forget to help your child send out thank you’s with these easy-to-fill Dr. Seuss cards.
Dr. Seuss Makes
Everything More Memorable
I’ve got this hypothesis about life: everything is more memorable with a little dose of Dr. Seuss mixed in.
I would be really excited to see how YOUR Dr. Seuss birthday party turned out! So make sure you share a photo below in the Facebook comments!
Other Articles You May Have Missed
- How to Make the Most Amazing Daniel Tiger Party Ever
- 25 Reasons Finding Dory Should Be Your Next Birthday Party Theme
- How to DIY a Star Wars Birthday Party for Your Little Jedi
- How to Plan the Perfect Minnie and Mickey Birthday Party
We ♥ honesty! This post contains affiliate links that provide extra money for our mutual coffee
habits addictions. Click here to learn more.